General Terms and Conditions
- When reserving, renting, paying or visiting Golden Triangle Bike Rental (GTBR) customers must agree to GTBR terms and conditions as well as our waiver of liability.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian or parent present to sign GTBR’s liability waiver.
- Anyone age 12 and under is required to wear a helmet by Pennsylvania Law.
- Children must be at least 18 months, be able to sit up, hold their head up, and able to wear a helmet.
- There are no refunds for inclement weather. If GTBR closes due to extreme weather, for the safety of our customers, money will be refunded in full.
- Your rental time starts when you receive the bike.
- Bikes must be returned 15 minutes before closing. Late returns are subject to fees.
- Customer must have a valid ID and Credit Card to rent equipment.
- GTBR will repair flat tires within in the confines of our self-guided tour map. GTBR does not promise or guarantee a time frame for repairs. Flat repair kits are available upon request.
- Participant agrees to pay for any damaged or stolen bikes.
- All bike rentals include a helmet, lock, and self-guided tour map (flat repair kit upon request).
- Although GTBR provides a lock, we recommend locking the bike within sight. Participants are ultimately responsible for the safe return of the bike and other rental equipment (helmets, locks, etc.). Customer agrees to pay for any and all items that are not returned or damaged.
- Participant must comply with all traffic laws and ride with caution.
- Do not use cameras or cell phones while riding due to safety concerns.
- GTBR assumes no responsibility for sickness, misadventure, trail conditions, closures, casualty, weather, or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- GTBR does not own, maintain or contribute to trail conditions (Three Rivers Heritage Trails, Great Allegheny Passage, State Parks, Federal Parks, etc.).
- Payment in full is required at time of booking reservations.
- Minimum reservation rate is the discounted day rate detailed on our website.
- There is a $10 cancellation fee on all daily reservations.
- Multi-day rentals and GAP Services are subject to a 20% cancellation fee
- Customer will be charged a separate cancellation fee and be refunded their original payment in full. This process can take up to 30 days to complete.
- Reservation credit can be used toward a future rental with no penalty.
- Customer must call no later than 10 AM on the day of rental to be able to use their credit for a future date.
- No cancellations within 24 hours of rental date.
Tour Terms and Conditions
- All tours have some combination of trail and street routes.
- ALL tours begin and end at Golden Triangle Bike Rental, 600 First Avenue 15219.
- Prepared Dad jokes are not required but are strongly encouraged. Ie, What’s the capital of Arkansas? A.
- Read and signed waivers must be completed from each participant before tour begins.
- Participants must be 18 years or older to participate unless specifically stated.
- Younger participants must have a parent or legal guardian present.
- Tour prices include hybrid bike, helmet and bottled water.
- Hybrid bikes from Golden Triangle Bike Rental must be used unless otherwise stated.
- Helmets MUST be worn during the tour.
- Tour reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Reservations are not complete until payment is received.
- Each tour is limited to 15 participants.
- Participants must agree to abide by local road laws and obey posted signage through the entirety of the tour. For your safety, the use of cameras or cell phones while riding is prohibited. (But break ‘em out as soon as we’re parked!)
- Tour routes consist of both trail and road riding
- Tours begin and end at Golden Triangle Bike Rental, located at 600 First Avenue in Downtown Pittsburgh.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- Pets are not permitted, unless your pet is a Red Panda. In that case, you absolutely have to bring your pet.
Download the Golden Triangle Bike Rental Waiver
Private Group Tours and Rentals
Deposit in the amount of half of the total can be made upon receipt of invoice in order to secure the date and time. Number of riders, heights and balance must be submitted at least 5 days prior to the date of tour. No refunds will be issued for riders who do not participate after payment is made.
In the event of a group cancellation after payment is made, a refund will be issued less a 20% fee. No refunds will be issued if cancelled within 24 hours of the tour. Tours can be rescheduled, at no charge, based on availability.
Tours will proceed in light rain, fog, overcast conditions or cooler temps. Riders should dress accordingly. Tours may be cancelled in more inclement weather conditions at the discretion of Golden Triangle Bike Rental. If a tour cannot be rescheduled due to weather, a full refund will be issued.
If the group has provided rider height information prior to the tour, the bikes, helmets and gear will be waiting and ready to roll. In this scenario the fitting and prep process can take 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the group. If heights are not provided, this process will likely take a minimum of ½ hour.
Golden Triangle Bike can be printed and signed prior to arrival. Print the waiver here. Otherwise waivers will be signed upon arrival.
Helmets are required for all group tours and rentals
Any participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian.